Calvin's looking for a good Software Product Manager so I figured I'd take a second and pimp my blog for the right fit. This is an entrepreneurial environment using Extreme Programming.
Here's what Calvin Skyped me as his needs:
Sendside Networks is currently seeking a strong Software Product Manager responsible for developing and owning the roadmap for increasing profitability and success of already existing products as well as developing and launching new products. This role includes leading cross-functional resources necessary for successful product definition, development, release, marketing and sales. We are seeking someone who is technically savvy but can also envision and communicate the "big picture" on the business/sales side.
* Manage the entire product lifecycle of the application from strategic planning to tactical launch plans and enhancementsRequirements:
* Collaborate with business units to understand business goals, global market and customer requirements
* Work with technology teams to define technical solutions and alternatives to meet business needs and leverage Sendside Networks technology.
* Define product requirements and implement a company-wide market plan, working with all departments to execute
* Ability to communicate and work with all areas of the company and act as a liaison between sales and engineering to ensure that the product requirements meet the market demands
* Manage customer relationships for use in marketing and sales program
* 5+ years of software product management experienceEducation and Qualifications:
* Demonstrated experience with successful software product management efforts and launches.
* Technical proficiency and ability to understand complex products/architectures
* Solid understanding of product development life cycle including knowledge of softwared design and development processes and tools, as well as familiarity with deployment and operations
* Strong analytical, business, communication and organizational skills
* Ability to manage multiple project simultaneously and comfortable working in a fast paced environment
* Demonstrated leadership in cross-functional team environments
* Computer Science or Engineering degree
* Previous experience working in a Startup environment is a strong plus
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent preferred.
We pay well, offering salary, equity and bonus packages to the right individuals. And since our office is less than 30 minutes away from the Wasatch Mountains and “the greatest snow on earth,” we insist that employees enjoy powder days when conditions are right!
Director of QA
Senior Software Engineer